The St Mary's Calne Sports Club online booking system accessed via https://stmaryssportscentre.co.uk/lhweb is provided by St Mary's School Calne Services Ltd. By registering and using this site you agree to abide by the terms and conditions below and the terms and conditions stated on your membership application form.
By signing up to the online booking service you are consenting to St Mary's Calne Sports Club contacting you regarding past, current or future bookings. An automated messaging service will issue emails throughout the registration process. We may wish to contact you with regard to issues relating to this site.
- You are solely responsible for keeping your account username and password confidential and are responsible for all account activity. St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd reserves the right to disable any account at any time, if in the opinion of St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd, these terms and conditions have been breached.
- The discovery of any false information leading to the issue of a Sports Club membership or concession card will result in its cancellation.
- All membership/ concession cards remain the property of St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd.
- If you lose or have your membership or concession card stolen please report it to the Sports Club immediately. A fee will be required to provide a replacement card.
- St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd reserves the right to amend, withdraw and/ or update the terms and conditions of membership or concession cards at their discretion.
- St Mary's Calne Sports Club reserves the right to refuse admission to any of its facilities.
- Club members can make bookings up to 7 days in advance.
- Sports Hall concession members can make bookings up to 3 days in advance.
- All payment charges must be paid upon booking.
- Club members or concession card holders can make booking via the online booking platform, St Mary's Health app, telephone or in person at reception.
- The registered member making the booking takes full responsibility for any guests using the facilities for a group activity.
- The card holder must report to reception before the activity commences or the booking will be logged as 'failed to attend'.
- All members/ guests must report to reception before the time of their booking to check in.
- All other fitness class, sports hall, fitness suite, swimming pool and multi-purpose room etiquette rules apply.
- Every attempt will be made to adhere to the published programme; however facilities, classes, courses and instructors are subject to availability/ session times and opening hours. We aim to give appropriate notice of any changes where possible.
- Places on all classes and activities are limited.
- Multi-Sport Party Disclaimer - Where no sports coach has been requested and paid for, a responsible adult over the age of 18 years must be present to supervise for the duration of the booking. It is the responsibility of the party organiser to arrange supervision.
- Late arrival may result in the refusal of admission by club staff.
- Any bookings made are for the registered member of St Mary's Calne Sports Club and their guest(s). The registered member or concession member must be in attendance for the duration of the booking.
- Guests will not be granted access to St Mary's Calne Sports Club until the person who has made the booking has arrived and reported to reception.
- Members or concession members are asked to give at least 24 hours' notice when wishing to cancel a booking.
- If the cancellation occurs within 24 hours of the booked activity start time, St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd reserves the right to charge the full booking price.
- If you think a payment has been made in error, please contact the Sports Centre immediately.
- Paid bookings cannot be cancelled online. Please telephone or visit the club to make a cancellation, giving at least 24 hours' notice.
- Members wishing to communicate with St Mary's Calne Sports Club should do so in person or via the contact details provided on the contact us page.
- When contacting the club, customers are encouraged to provide their membership number and any booking details.
Online Booking Liability
- St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd accepts no liability for any claims, losses or expenses resulting from the content of the site, the use of the site or downloading materials from this site.
Facility Hire Liability
Our liability to compensate you (in the case of loss or damage other than death or personal injury) is limited to a reasonable amount having regard to such factors as whether the damage was due to a negligent act or omission by us.
We will compensate you for any loss or damage you may suffer if we fail to carry out our obligations under this agreement or to a reasonable standard or breach any duties imposed on us by law (including if we cause the death or personal injury to you by our own negligence) unless that failure is attributable to:
a) your own fault
b) a third party unconnected with our provision of service under this agreement; or
c) events which neither we nor our suppliers could have foreseen or forestalled even if we had taken all reasonable care.
All members/ concession card holders must ensure they sign initially on joining stating he/she is physically capable of undergoing the normal routine of exercise provided by the programme. It is the responsibility of the customer to update their medical records and. or address if this information should change. If in doubt consult your doctor before embarking on a routine of exercise and treatments and use of all our facilities shall be undertaken at the members/concession card holders own risk without any recourse on ourselves.
- St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd makes no assurance that this site, the online booking platform or app are free from computer viruses.
- Any content placed on this site is for general information only and St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd make no warranties or representations regarding the content of the site.
Conditions of Hire
- In all correspondence or advertised on any literature the venue must be referred to as St Mary’s Calne Sports Club.
- All applications for the hire of facilities are to be administered by completing a booking form. On receipt of this application the management of St Mary’s Calne Sports Club will decide whether to confirm or decline the hire based on the information provided.
- The facilities at St Mary’s Calne Sports Club are only for hire at the discretion of the Centre Manager who shall have the absolute right to decline the application without offering reason.
- If the application is accepted, the contact person (detailed on the application) will receive written confirmation at the earliest opportunity.
- St Mary’s Calne Sports Club reserves the right to cancel or terminate any booking for any reason specified. Deposits paid in accordance to the hire will be fully refunded, however St Mary’s Calne Sports Club will not be liable for any other expenditure associated with the hire and incurred as a result of cancellation.
- On receiving confirmation of the hire, a 20% non-refundable deposit is required to secure the booking. This must be received at least two weeks prior to the hire of the facilities. Cancellations and/or changes must be submitted in writing. In the case of block bookings, the full amount must be paid upon receipt of invoice. Invoices will be sent monthly in arrears, terms are strictly 14 days. Changes or cancellations to block bookings will require six weeks written notice.
- St Mary’s Calne Sports Club shall not be liable for any loss due to any breakdown of machinery, failure of supply of electricity, repair work, leakage of water or Act of God which may cause the club or any part thereof to be temporarily closed or the hiring to be interrupted or cancelled. The hirer shall indemnify St Mary’s Calne Sports Club against any claim, which may arise as a result of the hiring being interrupted or cancelled.
- Non-commercial hire charges are inclusive of insurance premium. Non-commercial hirers are defined as voluntary organisations, charities and non-profit making clubs, associations, groups or individuals.
- Commercial hirers must provide evidence that cover in respect of Public Liability (limit £2,000,000) has been obtained for the event seven days before the hiring proceeds. A commercial hirer is defined as anyone who will be charging an economic admission price (as opposed to a nominal or subsidised admission price) for the event.
- The maximum number of persons to be admitted to the club must not exceed the numbers specified on the booking form.
- No event may start until the hirer or a responsible person within the organisation is in attendance, together with the number of stewards required by the manager.
- The hirer is responsible for: -
- The administration, organisation, control and running of the particular event. The Manager will always advise and assist if requested, but it is not the Manager’s responsibility to run events for the hirer.
- Leaving all premises, including toilets, changing rooms etc in a clean and tidy condition to the satisfaction of the Manager.
- Having sufficient staffing levels in line with the normal and emergency operating procedures.
- No flags, emblems, decorations, posters or advertisements shall be displayed inside or outside the club without the consent of the Centre Manager.
- Smoking is not permitted on site.
- No cameras or other photographic apparatus may be brought into or used in the club for commercial purposes without the consent of the Manager. Cameras may only be used in designated areas within the club for private use, provided that prior consent of the Centre Manager has been obtained and provided that no nuisance or annoyance is thereby caused.
- No broadcasting, transmitting or recording sound, television or video equipment of performances, events or matches held within the club will be permitted without the express prior permission of the Centre Manager. The intention of such activities will be the subject of specific written applications by the hirer.
- The hirer shall not be allowed without the consent in writing of the Centre Manager to provide or sell any food or other refreshments in the club.
- All organisations must adhere to general pool rules i.e. no diving in the shallow end, no diving off the blocks (unless there is a swimming teacher present), no bombing, no running on poolside and no eating on poolside. This includes the update or addition of any pool rules.
- Coaches only may use electronic devices on poolside for teaching/admin purposes. The device in use must be owned by the club rather than an individual and the user must be DBS checked. Parents/spectators cannot use any electronic devices on poolside unless prior written consent is obtained from the Centre Manager by the hirer. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that all spectators are aware of this condition prior to attendance.
- Non-member price excludes concession membership fee. Annual fee of £20.00 payable for non-member concession card.
- Club/Organisation bookings may be subject to VAT. Please enquire for more information.
Registration Name - St Mary's School (Calne) Services Ltd
Registered Office - Curzon Street, Calne
Registration Number - 4111368
Contact Telephone - 01249 857335
These terms and conditions are subject to change.