Your declaration to us
By visiting and entering St Mary’s Calne Sports Centre, you are agreeing to make a COVID-19 health declaration to confirm that:
- You or any members of your household do not have any COVID-19 symptoms.
- You or any members of your household have not had a positive test result within the last 10 days.
- You or any members of your household are not awaiting a Coronavirus test result.
- To the best of your knowledge, you have not been in close contact with anyone showing signs of Coronavirus symptoms.
All members and guests are also expected to adhere to social distancing and to follow the new advice and protocols provided by the Sports Centre.
COVID-19 Guidelines and Procedures
The Sports Centre will re-open on Wednesday 2nd December following the recent lockdown and the health and safety of our members, guests and staff is our number one priority. As such, there are new procedures and protocols now in place to ensure the sports centre remains ‘COVID Safe’. Details relating to the fitness suite can be found below.
• There is a maximum capacity of 25 members in the Fitness Suite at one time.
• Please arrive without any bags as lockers are currently out of use.
• With social distancing measures and Government guidance still in place in England, gym sessions must be
pre-booked. Please call reception on 01249 857335 or use the St Mary’s Health app to make a gym session booking.
• Please use the one way system at all times to enter and exit the gym and to use toilet facilities.
• No shower or changing facilities will be available for gym users.
• Please do not bring a gym towel with you. There are sanitising stations located around the Sports Centre providing sanitising gel, disinfecting wipes and disposable blue towels.
• Please wipe down all equipment with the sanitising wipes provided after use.
• Access to the fitness suite will be denied if you are more than 15 minutes late for your session booking. Please do not arrive earlier than your booked session time as there is insufficient space in the reception area whilst adhering to social distancing guidelines.
Welcome to the St Mary's Sports Centre Fitness Suite.
Our Fitness Suite was renovated in September 2015 and with the extension of the room itself we now boast a larger free weights section, new functional area and new state-of-the-art cardiovascular equipment.
With experienced and motivating fitness instructors on hand to provide their professional guidance, you'll be on the path toward achieving your goal in no time.
Are you struggling to find the motivation to exercise or are you just in need of a kick start in the right direction?
Our Real Results Member Journey could be the solution to your struggle..
Whether you are just joining us or have been with us for a while you can take advantage of this journey and start on the road to achieving your goals today.
Blast Session Descriptions
30 minute cardiovascular session – discussing benefits + identifying differences between LISS (Lower Intensity Steady State) and HIIT (High Intensity Interval) cardiovascular exercise.
30 minute blast aimed to improve strength, balance and co-ordination by using the free weights and barbells.
30 minute session focussing on the variety of functional equipment that can be found in the fitness suite. This may include the Technogym Arke, TRX, Technogym Kinesis One or Kettlebells.
If you wish to book a gym floor blast please speak to a fitness instructor or book at reception.
*All blast sessions are free to members and may be booked at any time. **One of each type of blast session permitted.